Thursday, February 12, 2009

A little unexpected news...

You might want to sit down for this one...

Sage is going to be a big brother!

Shocked? Yes, us too - especially since I've been on birth control since November. I guess Jared and I are just "lucky" to be in that .01% that isn't included in the "99.9% effective" statement.

We had an ultrasound Thursday and baby #2 is due on October 5th, 2009. That means Sage will be just over a year old. What on Earth are we going to do with two babies under two? I know people survive. After all, I'm barely a year older than my little brother Adam. But, Jared and I are just getting used to being parents in the first place! It's a good thing we have awhile to get used to the idea.

I do have to say that although we are still getting used to the idea of another little one, Thursday's visit was a relief. Mostly, it was a relief to see only ONE little sac and dot and on the screen. I was really worried about following in Jared's mom's footsteps (having one baby and then a set of twins).

It was also a relief to know that everything is fine and that there shouldn't be any harmful effects from the birth control I was taking.

I'm just over six weeks along. Which of course means I'm experience full-out morning sickness. Just like with Sage, my morning sickness lasts all day and all night. Yuck! Now, however, I'm usually so distracted and busy that I can't fixate on not feeling well. I guess that's a good thing.

Always excitement in the Kelly family!

By the way, we're hoping for another boy...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Rick and I are excited for the Kelly family.

    ReplyDelete