Thursday, November 8, 2012

Parent Conferences

We recently had parent conferences at the boys' school.  I'll tell you, as a teacher, it's tough being on the parent side as parent-teacher conferences. We started with Kai's teacher, Ms. Kelly.  She shocked us by telling us that Kai is quiet and shy at school!  What? Are we talking about the same kid?  Ms. Kelly said she actually has to ask Kai to speak up sometimes.  Then, she told us he's doing well with his shapes, numbers, and some letters.  Just as we thought we were finished, Ms. Kelly says, "And, there's one more thing I wanted to talk with you about."  My heart sank -  this can't be good. 

Ms. Kelly says, "I don't know if you've noticed or not, but Kai has 'discovered himself."  OMG!  I know I must've turned bright red.  How embarrassing!!! Apparently, Kai had been discovering himself at school and exposed himself at naptime.  Jared and I promised to talk with Kai about it and we did.  Fortunately, he seems to be keeping his hands above the waist. 

Then, we met with Ms. Jackie, Sage's teacher.  Ms. Jackie said Sage is a "wonderful little boy."  She was very impressed with him and how quickly he picks up on things saying, "I only have to show him once and he's got it." 

SO SO proud of my boys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment