Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Mama" - He said it...or did he?!

First, let me say how much I have LOVED being able to spend more time with Sage since school is out for the summer! It's true that I'm still working, but only two or three days a week. It's been so fun to be with Sage all day.

Yesterday, though, I did have to work - all day. About half way through the afternoon of the dreadful data training I was attending, Jared sent me a text message saying, "Sage said his first word." So, of course, I had to know what Sage said. Jared and I traded text messages, but he wouldn't tell me what Sage said saying, "I'd rather say it." I stepped out of the training because I had to know!

I called Jared and he said Sage said, "Mama." Can you believe it?! The first time he says "mama" and I'm not even around to hear it. I wouldn't have believed Jared at all except for that fact that Jared's dad was at the house playing with Sage and verified that Sage really said it.

So, of course, I rushed home as soon I finished the training and tried all night to get Sage to say "mama" again. But, to no avail. =( He hasn't said it since either. Guess I'll keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment