Tuesday, December 15, 2009

An Enlarged Heart

My heart has grown.

When we were expecting Kai, I often wondered how I could possibly love someone as much as I love Sage. I wondered how there would be room in my already-full heart for another baby. Well, I guess my heart has grown because I do love Kai as much as Sage.

Often times, I feel like my heart is overflowing with love for all 3 of my boys. Last night, for instance, Sage, Kai and I were snuggled on the couch reading books for almost an hour. We read the same 3 books (some of Sage's favorites) over and over again. Sage smiled and laughed at the same page everytime (a picture of a little girl waving bye-bye). Kai acted like he was reading right along with me, babbling the entire time. At one point, during "Is Your Mama a Llama?" Sage and Kai were both laughing out loud. I don't know if it was the "moo" sound I was making or that they were tickling each other with their elbows as we sat squished together. Either way, it was a special moment.

The more the two interact, the more I realize how Kai's arrival - while unexpected and sometimes daunting - turned out to be quite the blessing for us all. He is already full of personality at only 4 months old. He talks - a LOT! He smiles, coos, and giggles all the time. Such a joy to be the mother of two adorable baby boys.

2 comments:

  1. i want to see them sooo bad!!! i miss you too! but i wanna see the boysss!!! love, tata (:

    ReplyDelete