Friday, December 25, 2009

White Christmas 2009

Sage playing Chess

Daddy and Kai watching the snow fall

Sage "vacuuming" with his new toy

Even though I'm 30 years old, I felt like a kid waking up to a white Christmas this morning! It was the icing on the perfect Christmas cake.

The boys slept late because they had a rough night - both up coughing nearly all night. I couldn't sleep because I was so excited! When Sage finally woke up and walked into the living room, he looked a little shocked, slam-dunked on his new basketball goal, and started vacuuming the whole house (with "Dusty" the talking vacuum). Too bad that "Dusty" doesn't actually suck anything up because Sage was "vacuuming" all morning. All the other toys were chopped liver compared to Dusty. Santa must know how obsessed Sage is with vacuums and swiffers.

Jared got me good this year. A few weeks ago, I found some jewlery catalogs on the passenger seat of his car and some business cards from jewlers in his pants pocket when I was doing laundry. I was SURE he was going to give me something sparkly with the boys' birthstones. When I opened my last present, I was surprised, it was not jewlery - it was a Blackberry! Woo hoo! I was pleasantly surprised to find exactly what I wanted in a new phone.

After the four of us opened presents here, we drove cautiously (due to icy roads) to Darla's house for breakfast. Justin and Cora were there too and we had Keisha on speakerphone while we opened gifts. I think Darla really enjoyed spending time with Sage today. Kai, bless his heart, slept ALL day today - must be catching up from yesterday and last night. Darla made us breakfast and lunch - mmmmmmm! Then, we had a brief visit to Chad's family's house and now we're home. I'm updating the blog and trying to figure out my new phone. Jared is playing his new game - DJ Hero. Sage and Kai are sleeping - hopefully for the rest of the night!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment