Sunday, June 13, 2010

Creepy

We spent the evening at Jared's dad's house swimming and watching the UFC fights. We just got home around 12:30am. I'm in Sage's room waiting for him to fall back asleep. I'm sitting in the dark, reading a good, but slightly scary book on my phone. All the sudden, I hear, "Let's play!" in a creepy, canned and high-pitched voice. I about jumped out of my skin!!! Then, the voice says, "Tickle my tummy." Freaking stuffed dog that apparently randomly went off because it was on the window seat with no one over there! Yikes!!! Makes me want to turn on the light or at least run out of here! But, now that I am the parent, being afraid of the dark and/or creepy stuffed animals seems childish. So, here I am typing about it on my phone, trying to keep from thinking about what else might be lurking in the darkness. Eeeeek!

By the way, when considering gifts for young chilldren, do the parents a favor and pass by the "Laugh and Learn" puppy. It easily wins the award for the most annoying and now, frightening toy. ;)

3 comments:

  1. I hate that dog!! It goes off with the slightest vibration. Freakin' thing freaks me out. Needless to say, Ella's had it's batteries removed and packe away a long time ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Kelly, but it scares me. I didn't pack it away, though - just turned it off. Now, if it starts talking when it's turned "off" - it's going far far away! ;)

    ReplyDelete