Thursday, January 20, 2011

Babies, Babies, Everywhere!

Today was a big day in St. Louis. We were hit with a winter snowstorm - eight inches at our house and up to a 14 in some spots around the area! That's a whole lot of snow!

Not only that, but three people I know had babies today. Stephanie, my cousin and one of my dearest friends, gave birth to Ava Jean early this morning. My friend Brandellan's sister gave birth to a baby boy, Everett this evening. And, sometime in between, a friend from high school delivered Ethan. That's a whole lot of babies!

In fact, many of my closest friends and two of my sister-in-laws are expecting or have recently had babies. People say I'm "at that age." Since my boys no longer seem like "babies," it's exciting for me to relive the experience through my friends and family.

Early this morning, when I was communicating with Stephanie about Ava, I was reminiscing about those first few moments as a first time mom. I remember how amazing the actual birth experience was and how time seemed to stand still the moment Sage was born. That was the most alive I've ever felt in my life when I was blessed with the miracle of motherhood. I hope I never forget how that felt. I also hope that every first time mom has that same experience.

That opportunity to reminisce this morning was much needed. Because of the holidays, bad weather, and sickness, I have only worked 8 days in the last four weeks. So, the boys and I have been stuck in the house with each other for what seems like weeks. As to be expected from two toddlers, Sage and Kai have certainly been trying my patience. After remembering what a miracle motherhood really is, however, my patience was renewed. Lucky boys!

No, actually, it's...lucky momma! Blessed momma! Blessed to have a job that has allowed me spend 20 of the last 28 days at home with my family (and still get paid). Blessed to have two joyful baby boys to spend cold, winter days stuck inside. Blessed to have amazing friends and family who are having babies so that I can remember the miracle and renew my motherly energies. Blessed. Blessed. Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment