Saturday, May 7, 2011

Welcome to the club

Another one of my dearest and long time friends had a baby - a few hours ago actually. Jen had been in labor for many hours - since sometime Thursday and it's now Saturday. Yesterday, I told her that I remember labor being a lot like an endurance challenge on the television show "Survivor." Only the prize she was waiting for is a lot better than a million dollars! So, congratulations to Jen and Andy and baby boy Evan! There were many people praying for you and who are now so thrilled that Evan is finally here (8 days after his due date).

Motherhood is life's sweetest gift and I feel overjoyed when one of my friends tells me she is pregnant or has a new baby. It reminds me all over again of my experiences with Sage and Kai and makes me cherish them even more. I cherish their sweet little faces, their infectious little laughs, and even their attempts to be mad and throw tantrums. I cherish the moments when they are wild and crazy and also when they fall asleep in my arms. I cherish the moment each of them were born and every moment since (except the moments I have to spend away from them). I simply love being their mom!

Motherhood is life's sweetest gift and I welcome you to the club, Jen. May today be the first of a lifetime of cherishable moments. And, to all of you in the motherhood club - Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment