Sunday, September 16, 2012

You'll Hurt the Rock!

A few weeks ago, I was putting lotion on Kai after his bath.  It looked like he had a booger in his nose.  I went to wipe it away.  Kai yells, "NO! You'll hurt the rock!"

I say, "What rock?!"

Kai says, "The rock in my nose."

I look.  Sure enough, there is a rock in his nose.  I asked Kai where the rock came from.

"I put it in there on the playground," he replies.

"Playground?" I say.  Hmmmm.  It was a hot day that day and I knew that they didn't go out to the playground that afternoon, so he must have put the rock in his nose during morning recess.  The conversation continues and I realize that he didn't tell Ms. Tricia because he thought he would get in trouble.  I wonder how long he would've been quiet about it had I not noticed it after bath time.

Anyway, I tried to take the rock out with my fingers and it wouldn't come out.  I started to panic a little knowing that it was 7:30 pm and Urgent Care closes at 8:00 pm.  I was throwing on some shoes and just about to head out the door when I remembered where I put my tweezers.  I tried again with the tweezers and after two or three tries...voila...the rock...

No comments:

Post a Comment