Friday, May 30, 2008

Feeling apprehensive...

For the first time in a long time, I feel totally terrified about being pregnant! I felt that way at the very beginning when I wasn't sure how daddy was going to take the news and when I thought about all the ways life is going to change. But, for the last 15 weeks or so, I felt happy and truly excited.

I'm not sure what caused this sudden feeling of apprehension. It could be the fact that I feel Baby Boy move all the time (making this more real), the rapidly expanding belly, or the fact that I'm one summer away from delivery. Yikes!

The other day, Jared was inspecting my baby bump and actually felt his son kicking. Jared was super excited, but kept asking if I think it's weird that there's another being growing inside of me. At the time, I was just happy that Jared can finally share in the excitement of movement. But, now that I'm thinking more about the fact that there is another being growing inside of me - it does kind of freak me out a little! =) Especially since right now, I'm the one soley responsible for Baby Boy's health and well-being.

Wow! That's a lot to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment