Monday, May 5, 2008

It's a healthy baby....

boy!

I know we said we weren't going to find out, but once we were there and it was time to look at those parts, I couldn't keep my eyes off of the screen. Both grandmas and Jared closed their eyes or looked away, but I couldn't help it. So, I knew as soon as I saw the parts! I cried because I knew how happy Jared would be.

Both grandma's and Jared said they knew by my reaction (happy tears), but we said we weren't going to tell anyone. They put the picture revealing the sex in a sealed envelope. Jared waited until we got in the car and then exploded into a happy dance/yell! He actually shed a few tears of joy. It was such a special moment.

So, not more than a few hours later, we found ourselves telling people. Of course we wouldn't be able to keep it a secret until September!!! We're so excited! We would've been fine either way, but we both really wanted a boy.

Oh, and the doctor said everything looks good. All the measurements were good - nothing too small and nothing too big. The heart looks fine. The doctor said he's going to be an athlete because of all the "leaping, kicking, twisting, and turning" he was doing. It was such a special moment to see our little baby on the screen with his long arms and legs, long fingers, and cute little profile. This is a truly exciting and blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment