Saturday, November 22, 2008

There He Blows!!!

Unfortunately, Sage experienced his first cold this week. It started with the sniffles on Monday, coughs on Tuesday, a combo of the 2 on Wednesday, and vomiting on Thursday and Friday. When I say vomiting, I mean PROJECTILE vomiting.

One of our friends had warned us about projectile vomiting. I think when we heard the warning, we imagined a bit of vomit, mildly violent. Or, at least that's the image I had. Boy, was I wrong. Sage's projectile vomit is more like a volcanic eruption!

Thursday night, I stopped by Uncle Justin and Aunt Cora's house after spending the whole evening conducting parent conferences. So, I was nicely dressed in some pretty good clothes. I sat down to feed Sage, and there he blows - all over me and all over Uncle Justin's new couch! Sorry about that. I'm surprised they still want kids after what they witnessed!

Of course, after puking everything he just ate, he was hungry again. I attempted to feed him again when we got back to our house. He spewed again, all over me in my pajamas, himself, and the changing table! Poor little guy just couldn't seem to keep anything down. We cycled through eating, projectile puking, and changing clothes/sheets/blankets/towels several times that night - neither of us getting much sleep. Daddy was fortunate enough to get Sage to keep a couple ounces down Friday morning. However, that didn't last long as Sage proceeded to puke all over himself, Daddy, the floor, and the bed (guess it's time to change the sheets). Friday afternoon it seemed like he was finally over the puking phase. But, as I sat down to post this message Saturday morning, he just spewed again! Just a little spew this time, but still... the fun continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment