Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What a day!


I'm writing this as I watch the inauguration of Barack Obama. Look at all those people in D.C.! Amazing.

Luckily, we have one tv hooked up to cable at the school. The internet is jammed!!! No live streaming for us...

This is such an emotional moment for me, for our family, for our country, and even for the world. It's amazing....

(invocation) I wonder what he's thinking in this moment? I wonder what Sasha and Melia are thinking? I wonder what's on the minds of the second graders I'm watching this with? I wonder what Sage will think of this day? That's the purpose of me writing this now, so that Sage has a record of how mom felt on such a momentous occassion in his little life.

(Aretha Franklin singing "My Country Tis of Thee")Look at that bow on Aretha's head! Wow!

(oath of office Vice President) Vice-President Joe Biden is being sworn in...great man. I'm excited to see what he brings to the table!

(musical performance) - beautiful... I think this is the first time I've ever watched an inauguration.

(oath of office) jumped the gun.... he seems a little flustered.... I can't imagine why?! Hooray, he's President! So excited! Look at all the celebration in the crowd. I can only imagine what it must feel like to be there and be a part of all that. Incredible!

(speech) just listening... Wonder what Bush is thinking as he listens to this? "our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness" - so moving..... "the world has changed, we must change with it" ....

No comments:

Post a Comment