Monday, November 16, 2009

back to work

Monday was my first day back to work from maternity leave. I was so anxious, I couldn't sleep last night. It felt like the first day of school. The drive in wasn't bad - certainly am looking forward to Hwy 40 reopening in a month. When I got to my office, though, I wanted to turn around and go home. It's amazing how much mail and work had piled up while I was gone!!!

So, instead of dealing with all the piles, I went around to the classrooms to visit with all my teachers - much more fun! It was so great to see everyone and catch up on how all them and their families are doing. We didn't even really talk "school" today - just life. That's a good thing since 90% of my job's success rides on my relationships with my teachers. It was also great to see the students!

Of course, I missed my boys. I called Jared to see how things were going. Sage was napping and Kai had just woke up. No one was crying or screaming and Jared seemed just fine. We'll see how it is when I get home.

When I got home, the boys were clean and fed. No one was screaming or crying - in fact, they seemed quite happy. I have the best husband in the world!!! I really feel blessed that Jared is such an amazing dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment