Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Today was the first day of preschool for Sage and Kai. I was stressing about it all summer because until now, they've always been together and in a home with no more than four kids. I was mostly worried about Sage because he has been extra clingy since I've been home with him all summer (he even cried about going to PaPa's last week).

As it turned out though, Kai, who is usually really laid back, was the one who sobbed when I left. Then, I cried too! I felt sad because Kai cried, but more so because I already missed my boys. Lots.

When I called to check on them, the boys were happy. They missed each other more than anything. Kai cried again when he had to separate from Sage after outdoor play. After nap, Sage asked for Kai-Kai.

At the end of the day, however, both boys were smiling and didn't want to leave! I am so proud of them for being big boys and being brave! I'm proud of myself too for being brave. Yay! We did it!


No comments:

Post a Comment