Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sleepover Sillies!

Last night, the boys and I stayed at the lake house and had to sleep in one bed. Both boys were up WAY past their bedtime. Kai gets quite silly when he's tired - actually quite crazy! Needless to say, two silly boys and one tired Mama all in the same double bed does not make for a quick transition to actual sleeping. I was trying every trick in the book to get the boys quiet and still. So, I thought I'd read to them from the book I was reading on my phone hoping just the sound of my voice reading quietly would lull them to sleep.

It was at a very serious part of the book where two characters in Nazi Germany are speaking to each other in hushed voices (one character is hiding the other Jewish character). The Jewish character briefly touches the fire in the fireplace. I read the other character's part in a solemn voice, "Did you burn your elbow?" Kai looks up at me with his mischievous brown eyes and says, "Mmhmm." All three of us dissolved into a fit of giggles! Little stinker! He has some true comedic timing!

Although sleep was still more than thirty minutes away, I couldn't help but be delighted by the cause of the delay. I love these boys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment