Saturday, August 13, 2011

Preschool update

So, the first DAY of preschool was great! The following two WEEKS of preschool - not so much. Sigh! Sage and Kai both cried every morning - even when Jared dropped them off. Kai got better as the week went on, but Sage was worse. By the end of the first week, he was crying as soon as we started getting him dressed. He wanted to stay home with momma. (Insert tears here.) Once they got to school, they did pretty good though and they were always happily playing when we got to the school in the afternoons. The second week was better - we would actually make it to the door before tears fell. And, amazingly, we were tear free on Friday!

The boys have been having a hard time being separated though - like I worried about. The teachers say they ask for each other and when they do see each other they give big hugs, but also start crying again. :( Fortunately, they spend about 2 1/2 hours a day together (outdoor play and lunch). So, at this point, they are doing okay, but still having a rough time with separating from us and each other.

Honestly, this has been the hardest two weeks of my life as far as feeling guilty and worrying about them. I cried every day (not when the boys could see me).  I also just really miss them because I went from spending 24/7 with them to only about four hours a day. I'm sure this is normal, but I really hope it gets easier and soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment