Monday, April 20, 2009

Close Call!

Yesterday, I had a close call with Sage. I was getting him ready for bed and had just finished snapping up his pajamas. I thought I would turn around for a second to grab a book for us to read before bed. Now, I know that Sage is quite the roller, but because the changing pad is curved to prevent him from rolling off, I thought he'd be fine for 1 second...

I was wrong.

I grabbed a couple books and turned back around literally a second later to see Sage completing his roll right off the changing table heading straight for the floor! Holy S*&#! The books went flying and I caught Sage mid-air. He didn't even know what had happened. In fact, he must've thought it was fun because he gave a little giggle. Whew! My heart was racing and I couldn't believe what had just happened. Even now, a day later, I still can't get the image of him falling through the air out of my head! Thank God I reacted quickly and with grace (not my usual clumsy, fumbling self).

Lesson learned....do not leave baby unattended on the changing table, not even for one second!!! Bad mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment