Thursday, July 9, 2009

28 weeks and counting

I had my 28 week check up at the doctor's office for baby #2 today. Everything was great and normal - average heart rate was 158.

At the end of the appointment, Dr. Collins said, "See you in 2 weeks." I was like, "what?! - it's already that late in the pregnancy that I have to start coming every two weeks?" Oh my goodness. Sage was born just shy of 38 weeks, so if this one is born then or earlier, we're talking less than 10 weeks until baby #2.

I'm starting to freak out a little! I don't know how we can possibly manage 2 little ones. I know we will, but the thought is a tad scary. Especially since I feel unprepared.

I shouldn't feel unprepared. At this time with Sage, we had just moved into the house and had so much to do to prepare - painting, wallpapering, putting furniture together, washing clothes, etc. This time, we just need to do a little bit of rearranging in the babies' room, buy a few things (crib, double stroller, second high chair, clothes), wash and sort clothes, and of course buy diapers in newborn size. I guess we really don't have that much to do. However, it does take much more time to get things done these days since we have a 10 month old to chase around and love.

So, on that note...now that Sage is in bed and I've already missed the season opener of Big Brother, I'm going to go get some stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment