Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Kai's in a big boy crib!

Kai has moved from the isolette to a big boy crib at the hospital. He's doing really well maintaining his body temperature. He was circumsized today - ouch! Since he was tired from that whole ordeal, he did have to be tube fed this afternoon. However, that was the first time in over 24 hours. The nurse practitioner assures me that he's going to "turn a corner" any day now as far as being mature enough to stay awake through a whole feeding. Kai is supposed to be eating 40 ml every three hours, but only has enough energy to eat the first 25 or 30 - hence the tube today. But, I think he's doing really well for a baby that's not even 36 weeks yet. Kai has even bounced back up to his birthweight. Yea!

Sage continues to be clueless that he's a big brother. As the time nears for Kai to come home, I'm feeling more and more anxious about how Sage is going to react. I even feel some guilt that Sage won't receive as much attention as he does now. Not that we won't love on him and play with him, but there will obviously be times when Jared and/or I will be busy with Kai.

More good news today - I went back to my doctor for a follow up appointment. My blood pressure has returned to normal! They lowered the dosage of my blood pressure medicine and said if my bp is normal next week, I can stop taking it altogether. Hooray! And, not only that, but when I got on the scale today - I'm only 6 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight (2nd baby). The nurse was wondering how I did that in just 2 weeks! Hopefully, that keeps up and I can get back to pre-Sage weight soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment