Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010





The boys and I had a very busy day on Saturday. First, we drove out to Warrenton to visit with my side of the family. We had a mini-egg hunt inside (it was too windy to go out). Noah found all the eggs while Sage played with Noah's toys. We had a great meal and visited with Granny and PaPa. We found out some exciting news (to be revealed later) and headed off to our next destination - Festus.

It took a LONG time to get from Warrenton to Festus. Sage slept. Kai did not. He fussed the entire time. I was able to keep him calm most of the time by reaching back and stroking his cheek. Once we hit the Festus city limits, though, Kai was full-out screaming! Poor baby just hates being in the car seat - still. When we finally got John and Kelly's house, Kai was all sweaty, but immediately calmed down and acted like the happiest baby ever.

Sage had a great time playing with all of his cousins' toys - especially the train table and the drum set. Once again, though, he really had no interest in hunting for eggs. He found two eggs and that was enough for him.

The ride home was the worst! Both boys screamed nearly the whole time. I even stopped twice to calm them down only for them to start screaming again as soon as we got back on the road. So, here we are - Kai screaming, Sage whining and holding his ears, and me trying to concentrate on the road while my blood pressure is rising and my exhaustion is overwhelming. What to do? I turned the radio up loud enough to drown out the cries coming from the backseat - I hesitated to do this because I thought it would make it worse. Five minutes later - silence. Both boys finally fell asleep. Good night!!!

The only good thing to come out of Saturday night being so rough was that Sage and Kai both slept until 9am on Sunday. By then, it was too late to go to church. So, we had a lazy day at the house. We even had a family nap in the afternoon - Jared and Sage on one couch, me and Kai on the other. It was a delightful way to spend the day.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any pictures from Easter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sorry, it took me a minute to post them! Here they are.

    ReplyDelete