Thursday, April 1, 2010

Perspective

Noah had another round of tests today to see if his cancer has come back. Great news - it hasn't!

In contrast, I recently found out a long time friend has cancer. Laura and I used to work together at the movie theater many years ago. She is a fantastic person and I'm so glad that we have recently reconnected through our babies. Laura has a little boy that is just a little bit older than Sage. Please keep Laura in your prayers as she continues her battle. You can read about her experience on her blog at http://winsteadremission.wordpress.com.

In addition, Sarah (my wonderful sister-in-law) is celebrating another year of remission from breast cancer by participating in the Komen Race for the Cure on June 12th. I've joined her team "Rapper's Pink Angels" to "race" for a cure. Please check out her website if you'd like to join the team or donate to the cause.
http://www.komenstlouis.org/site/TR/Race/General?pg=team&fr_id=1060&team_id=21261


All of this puts things in perspective for me. Although I'm tired from taking care of two busy baby boys, I'm incredibly grateful. Grateful to have two busy, yet healthy, baby boys. Grateful for long-time friends to share funny stories about busy baby boys. Grateful for family like my healthy, adorable nephew and my beautiful, inspiring sister-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment