Tuesday, September 9, 2008

About the name...

We've discovered three meanings for the name we chose for our little boy: Sage.

According to the dictionary: a sage is a profoundly wise person. Sage as an adjective means wise.

Sage is also a seasoning or a spice - the spice of our lives, that's for sure!

And finally, Sage is a shade of green.

Now, picture Jared and I an hour or two away from welcoming our little boy into the world - still not agreeing on a name!!! We were going back and forth between the names Jayse, Amari, and Sage. Jared doesn't like Jayse, I don't like Amari. But we were both being stubborn about wanting those two names. Sage was a name we had agreed on at one point, but were hesistant because of its uniqueness and how it would be received.

So, there we are trying desperately to agree on a name before our little boy arrived. I mentioned that if we named him Sage, he would have two names that are shades of green (Sage and Kelly). At that moment, it was as if the stars collided... We were watching the Green Bay Packers on tv. I was eating a green popsicle. Everyone in the room had a shade of green in their clothing (Grandma's shirt was sage, Jared had green on his shirt, even my gown was close to the color sage). So, it seemed, it was meant to be - Sage it is.

Added 9/13: And as another Sept. 08 mom pointed out, my water broke on "Olive" Road. Olive is yet another shade of green. True destiny. =)

Robert is Jared's middle name as well as Jared's dad's middle name. Robert is also my dad's name, my grandpa's name, and my brother's middle name. Easy decision there!!

Welcome Sage Robert - our wise little man.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like it was meant to be that's for sure. Funny story about the name though! Adam and I were sleeping when we got the call at 1:11AM. Mom told him the name and he repeated it. She said, "Yes with an S," he heard, "Yes with an F!" All morning long he had Ella and I thinking the handsome wonderful addition to our family was named Fage! I asked several times and he insisted that was the name. I just couldn't figure out where you had gotten the name. Now it all makes sense! Can't wait to see you both and hold my newest nephew!! Congratulations!

    Love,
    Adam, Melissa, & Ella

    ReplyDelete