Monday, September 8, 2008

It's Time!!!

I'm currently in the hospital, been in labor for 4 hours now.

I was on my way to work at 7:30 am when my water broke!! I had just gotten off the highway onto the exit ramp at Olive when I felt a pop. I thought, "That was weird," and about a minute later, there was a huge gush of warm fluid. At first, I wondered if I had peed my pants, but then realized that I haven't peed that much in a really long time. Plus, it was uncontrollable - not like when you can hold your pee.

I had a momentary freak out, made a u-turn and called Jared. Of course, he didn't answer the phone until the second time I called. I was crying when I told him, "My water broke." I think he was still sleeping, so he wasn't sure what to think, but just said okay and kind of hung up. Then, I called my mom who was already at work. Then I called the doctor's office and they said to come on in to labor and delivery.

The drive back to the house seemed like the LONGEST drive ever! It was rush hour traffic, heading into the city. Then, once I got off the highway, I got stuck behind a couple school buses. I sang along to "Spotlight" by Jennifer Hudson to keep me calm. Finally made it home to Jared standing in the garage with my bag. He was frantic!!!

Seriously, I've never seen Jared so rushed in my life. I was thinking, "What happened to my normally super-calm, laid back husband?" He was throwing stuff in the car left and right, running around like a chicken with his head cut-off! I had to tell him to calm down that I'm not going to the hospital until I take a shower and change out of my sopping wet clothes.

So, I did take a shower, made sure everything was good to go at home and that my bag was fully packed. I also made sure to give Rosco a big hug and kiss and told her she'll always be my baby! Then, we headed to the hopsital where we arrived at 8:30. Since then, I've gotten my IV, been checked for dilation (just 1cm), and started a pitocin drip to induce labor at 11:00. It's now 12:30 and I'm feeling contractions, but nothing incredibly painful or anything. So, I have a feeling it's going to be a long day!

About today: It's Monday, September 8, 2008. A warm, sunny 80 degrees with a chance of storms this afternoon. Today's headlines revolve mostly around the upcoming election and another approaching hurricane (Ike).

Wish us luck for a safe, easy delivery!

3 comments:

  1. Keeping you in prayers Mandy. Can't wait to hear that the baby has arrived safe and sound.
    Keli Keyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing and hilarious story...I am dying for news, praying for all of you, and waiting to greet your new beautiful boy! I bet (and hope for you, Mandy) he's here already...it's 9:36. Love you!
    Kiara

    ReplyDelete
  3. And your water broke at Olive... yet another shade of green! It's true destiny!
    -StevieOlivia (from BBC)

    ReplyDelete