Thursday, September 4, 2008

We're full term!

Well, it's official...baby boy is now considered "full term." Translation - he could make his debut any day now - completely thrilling yet totally terrifying at the same time.

For awhile there, I was convinced that baby boy was going to come early. Now, I'm resigning myself to the fact that he's pretty content where he's at. I'm still predicting Sept. 15th as his birthday, but wouldn't be suprised if he's actually late! Jared hopes for the 23rd so it's easy to remember (Jared's birthday is July 23). We shall see!

All I know is the bigger and more uncomfortable I get, the more I hope baby boy arrives soon! I really can't complain because it could be a lot worse, but at the same time, ugly things are starting to happen!

As my adoring husband pointed out a couple days ago, I'm finally sporting the stretch marks I managed to avoid the first 8 months. And, as everyone can plainly see - my feet are ginormous. Imagine Shrek's feet and you'll get a close visual of mine without the green color! I tried really hard this morning to put on a closed toe shoe because it was raining and I didn't want my feet to be wet. Well, again, imagine a fairytale moment when Cinderella's stepsister is desperately trying to squish her fat foot into a delicate glass slipper. That's what I looked like this morning! Oh the joys! So, sorry everyone for exposing you to my ogre feet, but I literally cannot fit into any shoes but my flip flops!!! Hey, at least they have sparkles on them. Even my face is growing rounder by the day - again, thanks Jared for letting me know that wearing my hair down makes my face look "more full."

Those are just the things that people can see. The worst symptom right now has to be the acid reflux/heartburn that rips into my throat every night - no matter what I eat. It's like a forest fire raging in my esophagus! The pain is bad, the taste worse. Yuck, it's like I just swallowed a glass of steaming hot bile! So, I sleep nearly sitting up, but that doesn't seem to help. Even a handful of Tums doesn't make much difference these days.

But, like I said, I really can't complain. All my symptoms are par for the course and aren't confining me to bed or even keeping me from work. So, I guess I can handle another 20 days! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment