Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day


Sunday was my first Mother's Day and it was wonderful! It started with breakfast in bed, made by Jared. What a sweetheart! After I ate, I went out into the kitchen where Jared had just finished feeding Sage. I leaned over the highchair to give Sage a kiss and "blech!" he spit up right on my chin. I guess that was his way of saying, "Happy Mother's Day, Mom!"

We had a relaxing morning, just the three of us, playing and laughing together. Then, we went to lunch with Granny D, Justin, and Cora. Sage sat in a highchair at the restaurant and insisted that he "eat" with us. He ate some chocolate cake with white frosting (his first taste of cake) and some puffs. He did really well. The day before, during lunch with my mom and dad, Sage discovered the joy of french fries - he loved those!

Later in the day, we went to my Granny and PaPa's house to visit with Granny. She is doing well. She had her hair fixed and was talking really well. She seemed more thoughtful. She was excited to see Sage and was even able to hold him for a bit before he squirmed out of her arms. PaPa made his famous bbq ribs - yum!!! Jared enjoyed PaPa's brownies saying they were, "the best he's ever had." Sage "ate" some corn on the cob and he liked that too. He really just gummed it, but seemed to enjoy it nonetheless because he cried when it slipped out of hands onto the floor.

Sage also had a good time playing with some "new" toys - new to him, but in reality, probably belonged to my dad! The toy closet in the back room is always a favorite of children. Now that I have a child of my own, it's fun to go into the closet to see what treasures are there from my childhood. There are old Barbie dolls, Care Bears, race car tracks, original Lincoln logs, dolls, Cookie Monster pianos, books, and lots of other great toys. I'm sure that many of the items would be considered "collectibles" and even worth a lot of money. But, for now, they are being loved by Granny and PaPa's great-grandkids.

My first Mother's Day was fabulous! Oh, Jared gave me concert tickets to a really great concert coming to the Fox. Sage "made" me a cute flower framed picture of himself. But, the best part of Mother's Day was not the food or the gifts, but the chance to spend time with my family. Being a mom is hard, endless work, but worth every moment! One two-toothed smile from that happy little guy of mine and all my cares, worries, and stresses just melt away.

No comments:

Post a Comment