Sunday, May 31, 2009

Who is this monster?

Sage has shown his first signs of defiance in the last week or so. It started with him refusing to eat his cereal and fruit or veggies. He only wants to eat if he can feed himself or only wants his bottle. So, to show his defiance, he will tighten his lips or stick out his tongue and say, "MMMMM!" as in, "no, I'm not eating that!" At first it was funny.

Then, on Monday, when I picked him up from the babysitter's house, Julie had been trying to get him down for a nap. She was unsuccessful and Sage was screaming in the back room when I got there. Julie went to get him and as she was walking back towards me with said screaming child - Sage started shaking his head "no." It was very clear he was shaking his head in protest. I said, "who are you and what did you do with my sweet baby boy?" I was very surprised and wondered where he learned such a thing!

For right now, Sage's defiance is cute and we have to stop ourselves from laughing out loud. I imagine that in the near future, it won't be so cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment