Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Break!

Another perk of being in education is Spring Break! Last Friday was the first of ten days off in a row for me - a chance to pretend I'm a stay-at-home mom. And, let me tell you, after three days in a row of having the boys by myself all day, I have an increased appreciation for Jared and our babysitter Julie. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my boys and LOVE spending time with them, but it is a loooong day!

Saturday and Sunday, the boys and I just hung out at home because they were still getting over their colds and it was raining out all weekend. We made obstacle courses, built towers, read lots of books, and just about anything else that would keep Sage and Kai entertained.

Monday, the boys were finally well enough to go somewhere, so we went to Monkey Joe's - the inflatable bounce house place. For five dollars, Sage played for over two hours. He had a great time! Since this was the second time we've gone, I thought Sage might enjoy bouncing a bit more. But, standing by the speakers dancing is still his favorite thing to do there. I should not be surprised! Kai had fun watching and sitting on the edge of the bouncer, bouncing up and down. The two of them were absolutely perfect for me! Thank goodness, because I always worry when I have to take both of them somewhere myself.

Yesterday, Jared was home - we tag-teamed the little guys so that the two of us could get some things done. But, when Jared went to class last night, I took Sage and Kai to the new rec plex. The YMCA opened a new rec plex by our house around Thanksgiving. With a huge workout area, gym, lots of classrooms, indoor pool with water slides, etc. - this place is enormous! Since I'm in a "biggest loser" contest at work and training for "The Race for the Cure" in June, I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and pay for a membership. If you ask me $69 a month is a lot of money to work out!

Anyway, last night, I took the boys with me. Kai went to the childwatch area and Sage and I went swimming. He had a great time - loved the zero depth feature so he could just walk right into the pool. We had a great time and stayed in the pool until Sage started to turn blue and he didn't even want to get out then. In April, Sage is going to start his first swimming lessons! Thursday night, Kai gets to swim.

Today, Jared is working and the boys are at Julie's house. I have a long to-do list including lots of spring cleaning. Guess I better get started...

No comments:

Post a Comment