Tuesday, August 25, 2009

better day than I thought...

Today turned out to be a pretty good day despite the fact that Kai is now being fed through a tube. The neonatologist ordered him to be fed through a tube for a day or two so that he can rest. She explained it as if Kai is running a marathon and needs a rest. Essentially, it was taking him more energy to eat than he was getting from the calories. So, he'll be on a feeding tube for a day or two so that he can just rest and grow.

I got to hold him at 3 of his feedings today so that was nice. He's such a tiny little miracle. Very calm and relaxed for the situation he's in.

Jared brought Sage by this evening and he was nice and cuddly with me. He gave me a big smile when he came in the room and was laughing while he was here. There's no greater sound than the sound of Sage's laugh!!!

I'm going home tomorrow. Bittersweet. I'll be glad to be home with my boys, but sad that Kai isn't coming too. It will be more difficult for me to see him as much as I'd like. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment