Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday, August 26th

Well, since they just told me I'm stuck in the hospital another night, I decided to update the blog for today. Unfortunately, my blood pressure is still too high to go home. I don't know why it isn't going down? I'm confused as to what the problem is considering they've put me on medicine and even upped the dosage. I just want to go home!

I really miss Sage. I didn't get to see little man at all today and only for 15 minutes or so the past two days. I know that I need to get better or I'll end up back in the hospital anyway, but geez - come on already.

On a more positive note, though, Kai had a great day. Three of his feedings, he took a bottle instead of the tube. And, at one feeding, he fed off my breast. That was a success for both of us considering I was feeling nervous about it. I had a hard time breastfeeding Sage and found it truly frustrating. Kai, on the other hand, latched right on and fed very well. They turned off the billi-light early this morning and don't expect that he'll need it again. Kai is making great progress and just seems to be really calm and relaxed. He's a good little guy.

I just can't wait until we all go home and can be a family together.

No comments:

Post a Comment