Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'm going home


I'm leaving the hospital in about an hour. I'm thrilled to be going home to be with Jared and Sage. But, I'm also heartbroken that I won't be taking Kai with me just yet.

I just spent the last hour with Kai holding his little hand while he was fed with a tube. He had 6 consecutive, successful bottle feedings. But at this time of the day, he is so tuckered out by all the hard work he has to do that they just fed him through the tube. He tolerates it really well and usually just sleeps right through. He's up to 20 ml every 3 hours now. As they increase his feedings, they decrease the IV drip.

As I kissed him goodbye and walked out of the nursery, the tears started to fall. It just crushes my heart that I'm not taking him home with me today. I know he's in a good place and they will take great care of him as he grows. But, it doesn't stop me from feeling sad about the situation.

Continue to pray that Kai grows big and strong and can come home soon!

1 comment:

  1. Mandy I can't imagine how you feel, but I know you guys have a strong support system and I have no doubt in my mind that Kai will be home soon. He knows his Aunt is coming to see him anyway :) You are a special woman & God knew that, that's why you're the backbone of a family with 3 men. Not everyone can do that. I love you sis and I will see you in a week, until then you guys are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

    ReplyDelete