Saturday, August 29, 2009

Kai update 8-29-09

Happy 1 week birthday Kai! It's hard to believe that a week ago, we were still thinking Kai might be able to wait a few more weeks to be born. But, he's here, healthy, and growing.

I spent an hour and half with Kai today. He was awake for the first hour or so - the longest I've seen him awake since he was born. I fed him and told him all about my busy day with his older brother. The IV is out, feeding tube still in for when he's too tired to eat himself. He is doing fantastic. The nurses say he, "follows all the rules and hardly ever cries." Sounds like he's really laid back like his older brother.

Sage had a busy day today too. My mom picked us up this morning so I could go get my bridesmaid dress for Justin and Cora's wedding fitted. Hopefully, they have it done in time. I still look pregnant! Oh well, guess everyone will understand that "HeLLo, I just had a baby a week ago!"

Then, Sage and I went to get his 1st birthday pictures done. They are adorable!!! Here are some of my favorites! Family: No worries - I bought plenty of pictures so you'll all get some.






Sage had so much fun with the cake! He had it everywhere... It was fun!
Great day, but I am exhausted! Is it bedtime yet?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mandy I love them, they are so cute!!!! I love the one of him in the swim shorts, he looks like he belongs on the beach!!! Hope you are feeling better and better every day and we are so glad that Kai is doing so great as well.

    ReplyDelete