Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rough Times

After a very stressful 3 days of serving as juror on a 1st degree murder trial, I went to the hospital Wednesday night with contractions. Although they were not too painful, they were 4 minutes apart - much too frequent for this early in the pregnancy. I was given medicine to stop the contractions and sent home for 24 hours of bed rest.

On Friday, I went back to the doctor fully expecting everything to be fine. Wrong! My blood pressure was high and there was lots of protein in my urine - the hallmark symptoms of preeclampsia. I was immediately sent over to labor and delivery and hooked up to monitors.

Since then, it's been a whirlwind of activity. I'm in the middle of a 24 hour urine collection which will give the doctor a better idea of how severe my condition is and how soon I have to deliver this baby. My blood pressures have dropped - but only if I'm laying down and unstressed. Not easy when I'm worried about my unborn baby.

Right now, it sounds like I'm not leaving the hospital without delivering. And, that may be in the next 24 hours. I'm feeling scared for my baby and even me. Overwhelmed by how fast this is happening. Praying for a healthy baby as early as baby may be. Please send your positive thoughts and prayers this way.

They're about to give me magnesium which is going to make me very tired and feeling bad, so most likely the next post you see will be will be announcing the arrival of baby #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment